The School Psychology Internship Training Program
The CBC Institute of Professionals is proud to offer The School Psychology Internship Training Program. This internship program is a full-time position, designed for 5th year doctoral-level graduate students in psychology with experience in CBT and DBT, and with an interest in disseminating these evidence-based treatments into school settings.
The school psychology intern will engage in the following activities:
- Provide individual CBT and DBT therapy with children, adolescents and adults
- Co-lead therapy skills groups using CBT or DBT
- Conduct comprehensive neuropsychological evaluations
- Shadow CBC school consultants during school-based training workshops, therapeutic implementation meetings, and CBT/DBT consultation to school staff
- Conduct school observations to inform patient treatment targeting and plans
- Research and scholarly activity, related to school-based research and implementation science research
The position is a 12-month program, beginning in July. The intern will be supervised by licensed psychologists with expertise in CBT and DBT. Team meetings and didactics will be held for several hours each week to foster greater fidelity to the evidence based therapies administered.
Requirements for a successful candidate include:
- Being a fifth-year doctoral-level candidate in a school-clinical or school psychology program
- A background in school psychology, with an interest in psychosocial and behavioral therapeutic interventions for children and adolescents
- Prior training in CBT and DBT
- Experience providing CBT and DBT in individual and/or group therapy formats
- Interest in implementation of evidence-based interventions in a school setting
- Knowledge of various assessment instruments; experience with administrating, scoring, synthesizing, and interpreting data
This position is full-time (40 hours/week across 5 days). Interns will work primarily out of our White Plains office, with opportunities for several days in one of our NYC offices as well.
Interested candidates should contact Nora Gerardi, Psy.D. at 914-506-4746 or email@example.com.