Learn more about both clinical and administrative opportunities at CBC…
Cognitive and Behavioral Consultants (CBC), LLP is now accepting applications for FULL-TIME CLINICIAN, based primarily in our White Plains location. Licensed psychologists or licensed social workers are welcome to apply. CBC is an internationally recognized treatment and training center that provides clinical and wellness services, continuing education for professionals, and custom designed programs for organizations. CBC offers training, consultation, and supervision as well as collegial and stimulating environment. Many professionals on our team also provide supervision as part of the postdoctoral training program, psychology externship training program, and social work internship program, and provide training and consultation to professionals in different settings. CBC offers significant opportunity for continuing education during peer supervision meetings, DBT consultation team meetings, CBT consultation team meetings, and CBT clinical spotlight meetings. We also organize colloquium series where nationally and internationally renowned speakers provide cutting edge lectures on evidence-based treatments.
CBC provides evidence-based services to children, adolescents, adults, families and couples. Located in White Plains and Manhattan, New York, CBC was founded in 2004 by Drs. Lata McGinn and Alec Miller, both whom are experts in their respective fields of cognitive behavior therapy and dialectical behavior therapy. Our therapists represent expertise in a range of CBT and DBT treatment approaches for a variety of populations and problems, and offer both individual , group, marital, and family therapy. We also offer neuropsychological testing and executive functioning training for children and adults.
The ideal candidate has strong training and expertise in DBT with children, adolescents, or adults, as well as strong foundation in CBT. Experience or interest in DBT is highly desirable. There may be opportunities for co-leading CBT groups or DBT skills groups in addition to providing individual, family, or couples therapy. There also may be opportunities to be involved in our training program at a supervisory level and to offer training and consultation services to professionals in schools, agencies, and other organizations. Applicants should be licensed in the state of New York. This is an outstanding opportunity to join our cohesive team of professionals who are dedicated to clinical training and to providing evidence-based services. The full-time position includes competitive salary and benefits package.
Interested applicants should submit electronic copies of their CV and cover letter addressed to Dr. Alec Miller, Clinical Director, and emailed to his assistant Janisha West’s email address: [email protected]
FULL-TIME BILLING ASSISTANT
This position is ideal for a recent college graduate who is interested in pursuing graduate school in psychology or another field in the area of mental health. Professionalism, discretion, flexibility, initiative, follow-through, a “whatever it takes, “ “can do” attitude, a strong work ethic, and attention to detail are essential. This position reports to the Controller and the Director of Operations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Assists the Controller with daily activities related to billing and client support, including but not limited to:
- Running daily Electronic Medical Record reports,
- Charging credit cards on file and posts cash/check payments,
- Generating monthly and ad hoc statements,
- Communicating with patients/therapists regarding billing issues,
- Assisting patients with EMR portal and billing issues,
- Copying, organizing, and filing,
Assists the Director of Operations, and the co-founders with daily operations,
including but not limited to:
- Greeting and assisting patients and visitors,
- Supporting clinical staff by providing administrative/project support,
- Assisting with general administrative tasks including, but not limited to: filing, organizing supplies, making copies, preparing material for meetings, etc.,
- Helping keep the practice neat and orderly.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a mental health related subject (Psychology, Social Work, Counseling, or related degree)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented,
- Experience with Microsoft Office,
- Superior judgment, professionalism, initiative, follow-through, strong work ethic and the ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality,
- Resourceful, ability to take initiative, and follow through on tasks,
- Must be willing to submit to a background check.
Email cover letter and resume to [email protected]