1 N Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
CBC offers Summer groups for Young Adults and Teens!
Executive Functioning Course
A Summer course for Young Adults who would benefit from:
• Creating, prioritizing and maintaining a calendar of appointments, responsibilities and deadlines;
• Learning how to get started on assignments/projects and work through to completion;
The Executive Functions are a set of processes that have to do with managing oneself and one’s resources to achieve a goal. It is an umbrella term for the neurologically-based skills involving mental control and self-regulation.
Starts July 3rd
Wednesdays, 1:00 – 2:30 (8 sessions)
Registration Deadline: June 19th*
Social Anxiety groups for Young Adults and High-Schoolers
If you experience:
- Worry about what others are thinking of you;
- Fear and panic about attending parties or raising your hand in class;
- Avoidance of social situations;
- Loneliness and feeling disconnected from peers;
…then you may benefit from one of these Social Anxiety Groups!
In these groups participants will learn about:
- Reducing anxiety in social settings through practice and real-life activities;
- Developing strategies for challenging worry thoughts experienced in social situations;
- Enhancing their conversational skills including starting, maintaining and ending conversations;
- Assertiveness skills and learning to say no effectively.
The Young Adult Group:
June 3rd through August 19th (12 Sessions), Mondays 2:30-4:00pm
Registration Deadline: May 19th
The High School Group:
June 3rd through August 19th (12 Sessions), Mondays 4:30-6:00pm
Registration Deadline: May 19th
DBT Skills for Young Adults
Designed to support a successful transition into young adulthood, this group is for young adults (18-26 years old) who would benefit from learning skills to regulate their emotions, tolerate distress, improve their interpersonal relationships, and increase their self- awareness and focus. This group teaches skills using Linehan’s Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Training Manual, which has been found to be effective for young adults struggling with emotion dysregulation and controlling their behaviors.
- Increase awareness of emotional states, emotional triggers, and intensity of emotions;
- Improve ability to focus and attend to work and school;
- Strengthen skills for tolerating distress and inhibiting problematic behaviors;
- Improve ability to control emotional states, address vulnerability, and increase positive emotions;
- Enhance interpersonal skills to maintain healthy relationships and to communicate needs effectively;
- Improve skills in thinking in a balanced way that enables conflict resolution and effective problem.
This group runs 2x/week for 9 weeks in both our Upper West Side and White Plains locations.
Upper West Side: Mondays & Thursdays 1:00-2:30PM, Starts June 13th
White Plains: Mondays & Wednesdays 11:00AM-12:30PM, Starts June 12th
Note: To attend this group, participants must meet regularly with a therapist or psychiatrist (who maybe outside of CBC). Outside individual therapists are not required to be trained in DBT.
**This group is not a Comprehensive DBT Program and does not necessarily include phone coaching or individual sessions. Please visit our website at www.cbc-psychology.com for our Comprehensive DBT Programs, including our Steps Program for Young Adults.