Registration Open! Summer groups for Young Adults.
- Creating, prioritizing and maintaining a calendar of appointments, responsibilities and deadlines
- Organizing papers, notebooks, living space and emails
- Learning how to get started on assignments/projects and work through to completion
- Breaking down large projects into component parts with an action plan
- Developing strategies for reducing procrastination, minimizing distractions and troubleshooting challenges
- Study and essay writing skills
Dates: June 25-August 20
Time: Monday 1-2:30
- Reducing anxiety in social settings through practice and real-life activities
- Developing strategies for challenging worry thoughts experienced in social situations
- Enhancing their conversational skills including starting, maintaining and ending conversations
- Assertiveness skills and learning to say no effectively
Dates: June 13-August 15
Time: Wednesday 1-2:30
DBT – Intensive for Young Adults (ages 18-25 who have graduated high school)
- Increase awareness of emotional states,
emotional triggers, and intensity of emotions.
- Improve ability to focus and attend to work and school.
Strengthen skills for tolerating distress and inhibiting
- Improve ability to control emotional states, address
vulnerability, and increase positive emotions.
- Enhance interpersonal skills to maintain healthy relationships
and to communicate needs effectively.
- Improve skills in thinking in a balanced way that enables
conflict resolution and effective problem solving.
Start Date: June 11, 2018 (9 weeks)
Mon. & Thurs. 10:30am-12pm
1) Mon. 11am-12:30pm & Wed. 1pm-2:30pm
2) Mon. & Thurs. 1-2:30
Please contact Dr. Michelle Greenberg at 914-385-1150 (option 1) with any questions regarding eligibility, for further information, or to make a referral. If you are a patient at CBC, please speak to your individual therapist to see how this group may be of added benefit to you. *Please note, if you are interested in this group but are concerned about scheduling, please contact us to discuss accommodation.