1 N Broadway
White Plains, NY 10601
Melanie Harned, PhD, ABPP
Annie McCall, MA, LMHC
8am-8:30am Registration & Sign-In 8:30am-10am Training
Who Can Attend:
– Have attended a DBT Intensive or Foundational training (or equivalent)
– Are active members of DBT consultation teams
– Currently provide DBT individual therapy
24 Continuing Education Credit Hours will be offered for this training to NY Social Workers and all Psychologists.
Workshop Registration Fee and Deadline:
Registration by 9/11/17
Standard Rate – $1200
Registration after 9/11/17
Standard Rate – $1300
This 4-day workshop is designed to provide intensive training in how to integrate PTSD treatment into standard DBT. Participants will learn the DBT Prolonged Exposure (DBT PE) protocol for treating PTSD, one of the newest developments in DBT research and practice. This protocol can be added to standard DBT to allow for integrated treatment of PTSD, suicidal and self-injurious behavior, and other co-occurring problems. Participants will learn how to use DBT strategies to prepare high-risk and multi-problem clients for the DBT PE protocol as well as how to determine when clients are ready to begin formal PTSD treatment. The structure and procedures of the DBT PE protocol will be taught in a session-by-session format with extensive opportunities to watch video examples and practice delivering each of the primary treatment components. Particular attention will be paid to discussing strategies for overcoming common problems that arise during PTSD treatment with high-risk and multi-problem clients as well as how to tailor the treatment to address the complex characteristics of this client population.
- Linehan, M. M. (1993). Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. New York: Guilford Press
- Linehan, M. M. (1993). Cognitive Behavioral Treatment of Borderline Personality Disorder. New York: Guilford Press.
- Linehan, M.M. (2015). DBT® Skills Training Manual (2nd Edition). New York: Guilford Press.
- Either the adult or adolescent PE manual:• Foa, E. B., Hembree, E. A., & Rothbaum, B. O. (2007). Prolonged Exposure Therapy for PTSD (Therapist Guide). New York: Oxford University Press., or Foa, E. B., Chrestman, K. R. & Gilboa-Schechtman, E. (2008). Prolonged Exposure Therapy for Adolescents with PTSD (Therapist Guide). New York: Oxford University Press.